Fisheye unable to recognize the SVN repository - Unable to make progress.

I am having trouble setting up repository in Fisheye. I have installed SVN and Tortoise SVN client. I have installed JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible to demo the advantages in linking up source control with issue and then to perform automated code reviews - there by improving developers productivity and collaboration.

Versions 

Fisheye Version:3.9.1 Build:20150910131426 2015-09-10

SVN - TortoiseSVN-1.9.1.26747-x64-svn-1.9.1

----------------------------------------------

SVN INFO - is correct

C:\Users\>svn info file:///C:/svn_repos
Path: svn_repos
URL: file:///C:/svn_repos
Relative URL: ^/
Repository Root: file:///C:/svn_repos
Repository UUID: e9618603-82ad-3845-8e59-ad0d74b1c0dc
Revision: 3
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: Admin Admin
Last Changed Rev: 3
Last Changed Date: 2015-09-28 11:31:47 -0400 (Mon, 28 Sep 2015)

FISHEYE ERROR WHEN TRYING TO SETUP THIS REPOSITORY

Unable to get info for the repository root for java (Name I gave to the repository)
svn: E180001: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///C:/svn_repos/trunk'
svn: E125006: 'C:\svn_repos\db\format' contains invalid filesystem format option 'addressing logical'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.openRepository(FSRepository.java:796)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getLatestRevision(FSRepository.java:121)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)

Unable to get Repository Root URL for java:file:///C:/svn_repos/trunk

Exception getting FishEye access control
svn: E125006: 'C:\svn_repos\db\format' contains invalid filesystem format option 'addressing logical'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.openRepository(FSRepository.java:796)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getLatestRevision(FSRepository.java:121)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)

Error testing connection.
at 

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Viswanath,

It seems your repository is in the FSFS 7 format (see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure) introduced in SVN 1.9 version (see https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.9.html).  I'm afraid FishEye does not support SVN 1.9 yet, there is an open improvement raised: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5579

For now I would suggest you downgrade your svn binary to 1.8 version and create repository with it (svn info shows you are at revision 3, so I hope it is brand new repository with no content in it yet).  FishEye supports 1.8 version, so the integration will work smoothly.

Kind regards,
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

That worked. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you find this answer useful, I hope you will find the JIRA and FishEye/Crucible useful!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

202 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you