cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye svn repository indexing hangs

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

Hi Community:

I recently upgraded to Fisheye 3.2.4 and I was able to index all svn repositories except one. I have to admnit that this repository is too big. When I wanted to start automatically the repository, it didn't start, so I had (and still having) to make the initial index. While performing the initial reindex, it got stuck in one point (which I will provide later one.)

Indexing content: /file/path/at/the/subversion/repository.file (33873 of 33874)

I performed the following actions

1. Repository Indexing stuck

2. Use the fille:/// protocol, instead of using the http. (Note: The rest of the svn repositories are working fine with the http protocol).

Please, I need your help ASAP!!!!!

Thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

The problem was that at the repository, I left the Start Revision value as 1. In order to fix it, I needed to empty the field. Then, shutdown Fisheye and clear the repository cache. After start up Fisheye and it will be reindexing as normal

lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2014

Tracked as FE-5091

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2014

Is that the latest revision of your repository?

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2014

Is that revision the latest of your repository?

0 votes
Doreen Becker January 29, 2014

We had a similar issue with a certain SVN repository (all other repos works fine), but actually we found a TimeoutException in our logs.

To understand which command of the indexing process runs too long to raise a TimeoutException, we looked into the "Status" view of the corresponding repository. This can be found in FishEye's Administration page at "Repository Settings" -> "Repositories". Search for the "evil" repository and click on cog-wheel icon. Select menu "view ...".

In page "Summary" we saw that one SCM activity took more than 1 hour:

svn proplist -R -r 18889 file:///svn/repos/MYPROJECT/tags/release-1.0@18889

With this information we could continue analyzing the error, because we run the same svn command in systems console. This shows us the actual problem and we could fix it (in our case with configuring a "path excluding pattern" in FE wich excludes this tags/release-1.0 path from scanning).

Maybe this helps you, too?

If the problem is a "simple" Timeout issue you can increase the timeout "Svn Operation Timeout" value at "SCM Details" page of the repo. I think the default is "1h".

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2014
There is nothing. While I was trying to stopthe repository the error at the log tells me the following : Timed out ro stop the (svn) repository. The approach that I ended up was shutdown Fisheye, delete the cache at $FISHEYE_INST/var/cache/repo and restart Fisheye. Still indexing hangs
0 votes
Doreen Becker January 29, 2014

Do you get any messages in FishEye's log? Any Timeouts? Or OutOfMemory errors?

Or is the message "Indexing content: ..." the last one in your log file?

Logfile "fisheye.out" can be found at: <fisheye-data-directory>/var/log/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events