Fisheye startup fails silently

pcimring July 23, 2012

I installed fisheye - as per the instructions provided here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Installing+FishEye

The Java JRE IS installed.

I HAVE added the path to the Java 'bin' directory to the PATH environment variable.

When I fire up a console window and type in "java -version", it DOES find the Java executable.

When I run "bin\start.bat" a new console window opens for a split second and then closes. If I check the Windows processes, 'java.exe' or similar is NOT running.

There are no files under var\log - except for a file called deleteme.txt (which I deleted :)

Java bin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

PLEASE ADVISE!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Try starting FishEye with "bin\run.bat --debug".
Using "run.bat" will start FishEye in the same console, so any output will not disappear in the blink of an eye.
Adding "--debug" will tell FishEye to log extra debug level information. That probably won't happen in your case, as it looks like the application isn't getting very far, but it won't hurt.

pcimring July 23, 2012

That did the trick, thanks. It came up with this error in the console:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I'll free up some memory on the server :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events