Fisheye repeatedly loses connection wit GIT

Chris Verlaine January 8, 2014

Our fisheye server repeatedly loses the connection with the GIT instance. It runs fine for several hours and then suddenly the connection is lost and all repos are in error. Can not even be fixed by restarting Fisheye, only a boot of the VM running fisheye seems to solve the issue. Any ideas?

Error Connection to GIT

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Verlaine April 15, 2015

Gustavo,

We don't have the error anymore as we restart daily to have a repository config update, but we do still see these regularly in the log:

2015-03-26 14:14:07,298 INFO  [IncrPing1 ptgvapp ] fisheye LifecycleRepositoryScanner-doSlurpTransaction - Starting slurp of ptgvapp

2015-03-26 14:14:07,298 INFO  [IncrPing1 ptgvapp ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - done slurp for /ptgvapp time = 0ms

2015-03-26 14:14:08,967 INFO  [IncrPing1 params ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - processing params

2015-03-26 14:14:08,967 INFO  [IncrPing1 params ] fisheye LifecycleRepositoryScanner-doSlurpTransaction - Starting slurp of params

2015-03-26 14:14:08,967 INFO  [IncrPing1 params ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - done slurp for /params time = 0ms

2015-03-26 14:14:09,966 WARN  [IncrPing2 falcon-upload-surcharges ] fisheye IndexingPingRequest-doRequest - Exception during FishEye Incremental Indexing of falcon-upload-surcharges: com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

2015-03-26 14:14:10,652 INFO  [IncrPing1 project-y ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - processing project-y

2015-03-26 14:14:10,652 INFO  [IncrPing1 project-y ] fisheye LifecycleRepositoryScanner-doSlurpTransaction - Starting slurp of project-y

2015-03-26 14:14:10,652 INFO  [IncrPing1 project-y ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - done slurp for /project-y time = 0ms

2015-03-26 14:14:11,682 INFO  [IncrPing2 falcon-upload-surcharges ] fisheye BaseRepositoryScanner-ping - processing falcon-upload-surcharges

Best rgds,

Chris

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

Hi Chris, I'm glad to know the issue is not present anymore for now. I did some research and it seems the WARN you are getting it very generic, so maybe some debug logging would help checking this further. I've seen cases in which SSH Keys were involved, but in your case it seems you connect to the repository and the issue just happens intermittently, which would appear to be some lost connection at some point. From this, I'd also check for any connectivity issues in case this happens again. Also, if it happens again, I'd suggest enabling debug logging and waiting for the error to show up, to see if logs message are more specific about this. Regards, Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Hi Chris, Could you please check if there is any further information about this error in your FishEye logs? You can locate the logs under $FISHEYE_INST/var/log (named as atlassian-fisheye-<date>.log). Regards, Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events