cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye and SQL server 2008 R2

Bill Mariasoosai November 14, 2013

All:

As per the documentation on Fisheye (3.1) and Migrating to SQL server

An existing Java bug prevents connection with Java 1.6.0_29 and above (including Java 1.7.0). Read more about the issue and possible workarounds here.

Cause

In Java 6u29, there was a bug introduced which prevents SSL connections to SQL Server 2008 R2. This bug was logged with Oracle as Bug ID: 7103725.

Resolution

Oracle delivered a fix in 6u30, although for at least one affected client not even Java 1.7 worked. Users can get around this bug by downgrading their version of Java (version 1.6.0_24 is confirmed to work) or by passing Java the following property and value:

I am planning to use FishEye 3.1.4. with Java1.7.0 . Is this fixed in this release 3.1.4?

Should I downgrade my Java to 1.6.0_24?

Could some one confirm it, please.

Thanks for your help.

Bzoo

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Mariasoosai November 16, 2013

Resolution

As per the Fisheye (3.1.x) documentation, the following is the resolution to the above problem:

-----------------------------------

Oracle delivered a fix in 6u30, although for at least one affected client not even Java 1.7 worked. Users can get around this bug by downgrading their version of Java (version 1.6.0_24 is confirmed to work) or by passing Java the following property and value:

-Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false
---------------------------------------
1) Could any body ( java expert ) tell me which java file in fisheye  I should modify to test this option
-Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false so that I can connect to SQL server 2008
or 
2) Can I use one version of jdk _1.7.0 for Jira/Confluence and another version jdk_1.6.0_24
for fisheye/crucible.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Bzoo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events