Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye/Crucible license - number of users

Noam Diamant April 22, 2014

Hi,

We are currently using Jira (self hosted, not on-demand), and are about to purchase FishEye and Crucible licenses.

Since only developers will be using FishEye and Crucible, we don't need as many users for it as we need for Jira.

I wanted to make sure we can purchase FishEye and Crucible licenses with a smaller number of users from the Jira licanse, since I know some add-ons require to purchase the same amount of users.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2014

HI Noam,

FishEye and Crucible licenses can be bought completely separately from each other and in fact from JIRA licenses.

ie. you can have an unlimited JIRA license instance connected to a 25 FishEye license instance, and even a 100 Crucible license instance if you wish.

There is a neat option in FishEye, when you configure the authentication mechanism (can be to your JIRA instance if you wish) to allow a user to be added to FishEye only when that user logs in to FishEye. This means, you can connect FishEye to a JIRA instance that has 1000 users, and only have the 25 users who log in to FishEye consume your user-count.

Kevin Villalobos June 24, 2014

Hi Nick,

Where i can check this configuration since i have admin permissions but i didn't configure it and i neither the admin. I am part of the BI team and i should extract data from the DB.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events