Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

FISHEYE_HOME size

This weekend I upgraded our FishEye/Crucible from 3.3.3 to 3.5.4.  Just to be safe, I first ran "tar cjvf 2014_10_13-fecru-3.3.3.tar.bz FISHEYE_INST".  This operation took approximately 75 minutes and created a tar-ball that is 12Gb in size.  I was quite surprised to see such a large compressed file.  Is this normal?  Is there some operation I should be regularly running to trim our FISHEYE_HOME directory?

2 answers

By "original size" I assume mean the size of the directory, before tar'ing and compressing, right? "du -sh FISHEYE_INST" reports 23Gb, so yes, it's pretty large.  If that's normal, then I don't have a problem with it; I just wanted to make sure that there isn't some normal maintenance which I've been inadvertantly skipping.

0 votes

Hi Neil,

The FISHEYE_INST directory holds all the data related to your repository cache, so depending on the size of your repositories, it may consume a big amount of space. Could you please confirm the original size of this directory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Online AMA this week: Your project management questions answered by Jira Design Lead James Rotanson

We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...

175 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian Community Events