Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation near done: what is the right way to migrate existing Crucible data to new machine?

Matthew Miling March 20, 2013

Hello

I am interested in purchasing a Fisheye/Crucible license; up to now I've been using an evaluation license. What is the correct workflow to migrating my existing Crucible data from an evaluation machine to a new machine and installing a license?

Here is my way of thinking:

1. Perform a backup of the evaluation machine (add to zip file)
  2. Disable the evaluation machine
  3. Install the software on the new machine
  4. Restore the backup onto the new machine
  5. Install the purchased license on the new machine

Does this sound like the correct flow? Is there a more automated way to migrate to a new machine?

Thank you

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Hi Matthew,

The approach you have described should work without any issues. You could also apply the purchased license key to the existing evaluation instance of the application.

Alternatively, migrating the FISHEYE_INST directory should also work and would eliminate the need to backup and restore the database.

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

Matthew Miling March 23, 2013

I went with just tarring up the data directory on the old machine and extracted it to the new machine in a different area.

I'm still having issues with the migration (the connection to Jira has not been instated on the new machine) but I see the code review activity so I think this worked properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events