Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors/Warning on log (Attempting to insert a revison which already exists)

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi all together

Some days ago we upgrade our Fisheye installation from 2.8.0 to 2.8.2. Everything works as expected but then we spot a huge load on the machine and a look into the fisheye.out log show's a lot of messages like these:

WARN - For revision branches/ccfbr/kernel_3_2_virt/opt/files/lib/modules/3.2.23-virt/../../../../../../../branches/ccfbr/kernel_3_2_virt/opt/files/lib/modules/3.2.23-virt/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dm1105/dm1105.ko@22751 a parent directory is currently missing

or

ERROR - Attempting to insert a revison which already exists for branches/ccfbr/kernel_3_2/opt/files/lib/modules/3.2.23/kernel/sound/pci/emu10k1@22751

There are also some Exceptions like the the one on the attached file (RepoReindexError.txt). I tried to reindex the whole repository but the result is the same.

Any ideas what the problem is? There are three repositories connected to fisheye, two with ~30000 Revisions, one with around 900 Revisions. Please let me know if you need further details.

Kind regards,

Yves

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2012

Hi Yves,

According to this KB article, this is generally caused by bad branching/tagging in a subversion repository.

Could you please try the suggestion mentioned in the KB article and let us know how it goes?

Cheers,
Felipe Kraemer

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Hi Felipe,

thx for your response. I added some excludes and the reindexing is running now. Because there are a lot of excludes to define, I just do a test run with a bunch of such excludes and see what happens. I will let you know about the result.

Kind regards,

Yves

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Hi Felipe,

to finalize this: Yes, the KB article seems to solve the issue. There where some "bad" actions on the svn repo done in the past which we spot now but with proper configuration/excludes everything works nice. Thx a lot for the help

Kind regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events