Does FishEye 2.4.3 search contents of UTF16 files?

IT Support June 16, 2015

We have FishEye 2.4.3 installed on a windows server that is indexing our SVN repo.  However, files checked into the repo in UTF16 encoding are not returned in content search results when searching for content known to occur in the file in question.  I am unsure if this is because their content is not indexed OR if their content is indexed and just excluded from search results.

Even after changing the file encoding, committing the file, and waiting for FishEye to report that it has updated the file the same issue occurs (i.e. file is not returned in search results).

Is this a known issue?  Or is there a configuration setting we need to alter to address this?

3 answers

0 votes
IT Support July 27, 2015

I'm still waiting on a response to this question.  Do you need more detail to resolve the issue?

0 votes
IT Support July 15, 2015

As recommended I've installed FishEye 3.8.1 (Build:20150619131232 2015-06-19) and completed a reindex of the same repository.

Unfortunately we are seeing the same behavior as before with UTF16 files excluded from search results.

I have followed the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Contacting+Support to attach a support zip for this request.

Please let me know if you need anything else to resolve the issue.

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Hi @IT Support,

Bear in mind FishEye 2.4.3 is classified as End of Life status for a while now, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+End+of+Life+Policy

I just tested searching for UTF content on the newest FishEye 3.8.0 and can confirm it works perfectly fine.

Perhaps you want to upgrade to supported version first and then try again?

Kind regards,
Piotr 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events