We have FishEye 2.4.3 installed on a windows server that is indexing our SVN repo. However, files checked into the repo in UTF16 encoding are not returned in content search results when searching for content known to occur in the file in question. I am unsure if this is because their content is not indexed OR if their content is indexed and just excluded from search results.
Even after changing the file encoding, committing the file, and waiting for FishEye to report that it has updated the file the same issue occurs (i.e. file is not returned in search results).
Is this a known issue? Or is there a configuration setting we need to alter to address this?
Hi @IT Support,
Bear in mind FishEye 2.4.3 is classified as End of Life status for a while now, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+End+of+Life+Policy
I just tested searching for UTF content on the newest FishEye 3.8.0 and can confirm it works perfectly fine.
Perhaps you want to upgrade to supported version first and then try again?
As recommended I've installed FishEye 3.8.1 (Build:20150619131232 2015-06-19) and completed a reindex of the same repository.
Unfortunately we are seeing the same behavior as before with UTF16 files excluded from search results.
I have followed the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Contacting+Support to attach a support zip for this request.
Please let me know if you need anything else to resolve the issue.
Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events