Do I need Fisheye for the SVN integration in Crucible?

L. Schimmel March 23, 2015

Hi,

I was in charge to evaluate Code Review Tools for my Company and am now to order the Crucible License. Our workflow is to open the files for the review from our SVN repositories. After the Review we export the major issues to JIRA and start rework.

Do we need a Fisheye License to do that? At this point I am not sure what exactly Fisheye is for because during the trial period I had access to all Fisheye and Crucible Features.

Best Regards,

Leonard Schimmel

Kostal Germany

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2015

No, you can run without Fisheye now.  Crucible used to be a Fisheye addon.  Even now, it runs a "Fisheye light" if you don't need Fisheye, but you don't need to licence that.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/What+happens+if+I+decide+to+stop+using+FishEye+with+Crucible for an expanded explanation.

Thing is though, Crucible is for the reviews.  Fisheye is for browsing.  You may find Crucible on its own is a bit too disconnected from your code repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events