Disk space, espceially the var\cache taking up a lot of space and growing?

our repository is only 10G, but our fisheye\var\cache folder is over 80G and growing? is there a way to manage this?

2 answers

Hi Nelson,

It is expected that the caches of the repositories will be larger than the repo itself as per our Supported Platforms document, but it is not expected this would take more than 2 or 3 times of the repo size.

Is this an SVN repository? For a SVN repo this might happen if the Symbolic Rules are misconfigured. If this is the SCM you are using, please take a look at the SVN tag and branch structure document ensuring the structure of your repo matches the definition of the Subversion Red Book, or in case the structure is different, that your Symbolic Rules are properly configured.

Does it matter if when I look at my svn repository it shows

trunk in that order vs

project branches tags trunks

Hi Nelson,

If the structure of your repository is different of the convention, it would matter, possibly making the caches growing more than expected, so you would need to configure the Symbolic Rules as per the instructions in the SVN tag and branch structure document. This is further explained under How Subversion works in the same document.

Additionaly, for reference, I'm sending a document regarding disk space consumption, in which the recommendation to check the Symbolic Rules is also included among the resolutions proposed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=280069520

curious what can happen at thsi point if i change that order of the structure? what could be affected?

Please could you clarify what you mean by "order of the structure"? I think I'm missing your point, please attach screenshots also if you believe they would be helpful to understand your case.

sorry. If I look at my svn server, its structure is listed as

If I look at the documentation, it lists it as

trying to figure out how to attach an image

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

174 views 3 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot