Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk space, espceially the var\cache taking up a lot of space and growing?

Nelson Faustino June 8, 2014

our repository is only 10G, but our fisheye\var\cache folder is over 80G and growing? is there a way to manage this?

2 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Hi Nelson,

If the structure of your repository is different of the convention, it would matter, possibly making the caches growing more than expected, so you would need to configure the Symbolic Rules as per the instructions in the SVN tag and branch structure document. This is further explained under How Subversion works in the same document.

Additionaly, for reference, I'm sending a document regarding disk space consumption, in which the recommendation to check the Symbolic Rules is also included among the resolutions proposed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=280069520

Nelson Faustino June 17, 2014

curious what can happen at thsi point if i change that order of the structure? what could be affected?

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Nelson,

Please could you clarify what you mean by "order of the structure"? I think I'm missing your point, please attach screenshots also if you believe they would be helpful to understand your case.

Nelson Faustino June 18, 2014

sorry. If I look at my svn server, its structure is listed as

Project

branches

tags

trunk

If I look at the documentation, it lists it as

project

trunks

branches

tags

Nelson Faustino June 18, 2014

trying to figure out how to attach an image

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2014

Hi Nelson,

It is expected that the caches of the repositories will be larger than the repo itself as per our Supported Platforms document, but it is not expected this would take more than 2 or 3 times of the repo size.

Is this an SVN repository? For a SVN repo this might happen if the Symbolic Rules are misconfigured. If this is the SCM you are using, please take a look at the SVN tag and branch structure document ensuring the structure of your repo matches the definition of the Subversion Red Book, or in case the structure is different, that your Symbolic Rules are properly configured.

Nelson Faustino June 9, 2014

Does it matter if when I look at my svn repository it shows

Project

branches

tags

trunk in that order vs

project branches tags trunks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events