Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different username for JIRA and Fisheye/Subversion

J June 24, 2015

We have a self-hosted JIRA installation, which uses our Active Directory server to authenticate users.

We'd like to set up Fisheye to integrate with it, but have a somewhat unique situation. Our Subversion committer names don't match the AD usernames. Instead, users have a separate field ("uid") in their AD records, which contains their Subversion committer name.

We could configure Fisheye's Active Directory integration to use "uid" as the username field, so you'd log in with that. But then would JIRA-Fisheye integration still work?

Or we could configure Fisheye using the same username field as JIRA, but set up username mapping. But it seems like you need to set this up manually for each user and repository, which I'd rather not maintain.

What's the best way to set this up?

UPDATE: Does it even matter if they have different usernames? I've tried it, and I don't see any places where it causes problems. It seems like it uses OAuth tokens to link the two, rather than common usernames. Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

You can perform the mapping using the feature of Fisheye user mapping. You can view this from the Fisheye admin menu. You need to perform a dummy commit after the configuration.

J June 25, 2015

That's the approach I was hoping to avoid, since it requires me to manually enter all the mappings for each repository, and keep them up to date.

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events