Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently, we are using Crucible version 3.10.1. We want to upgrade to a new version. Please suggest

AYESHA AR July 18, 2021

Currently, we are using Crucible version 3.10.1. We want to upgrade to a new version. Please suggest which version we can go for and why.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

Hi @AYESHA AR 

As Crucible 3.10.1 was released in October 2015, so I'd suggest you need a significant upgrade jump (or set of upgrades) to ensure you're not vulnerable to any security issues. Crucible has also been sunset by Atlassian and the latest version (4.8) was released in December 2019.

Can I ask what business need Crucible meets for you as Bitbucket now covers a significant number of use cases that historically required FishEye or Crucible.

CCM

AYESHA AR July 18, 2021

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help. We use Crucible for code review from GitLab.

Thanks,

Ayesha

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Barry Robertson August 12, 2021

@Craig Castle-Mead a major benefit of Crucible was that it supported a comprehensive code review (given enough tweaking in the setup of the review) vs incremental changes that Bitbucket seems best suited for.  However, I recall figuring out that Crucible seemed to want to be used similarly, thus making it hard to do a comprehensive review of all the code changes since X (for which many incremental changes may have occurred).  I'm not sure what tool a team would want to use if they've done pull-requests for incremental bug fixes, or features and then wants to do a comprehensive review of that whole set of changes (perhaps one interferes with another) prior to the new build, e.g. v1.0 to v1.1 (or maybe 2.0).

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events