Crucible running with FishEye Disabled getting FishEye Maintenance alerts

Ryan Schaaf March 23, 2016

This might seem like a simple question, but we are running Crucible without full FishEye (only using the embedded light support). Our license key for FishEye is "Disabled". Recently our crucible instance (v3.10.3) started reporting that our FishEye maintenance is expiring in 7 days.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2016

This is a bug in a third-party plugin Crucible uses - it returns wrong application name.

If you scroll the page to the very bottom you can find the valid Crucible warning:

You have 5 days before your maintenance expires. You can renew your license at http://www.atlassian.com/crucible/renew

I just double checked and our crucible license does not expire until 30 Mar 2017Is this also from the bug with the 3rd party plugin that it is giving us this notification?

Nevermind turns out someone had put a different license on our box. The one we should be using wasn't the one on this production instance. Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Topher Eliot March 23, 2016

We got those but it never seemed to amount to anything, just an annoyance.  Later I discovered that in fact we HAD purchased a new FishEye license (can you say poor communication?) and installed it, so I'm not 100% certain nothing bad would have come of the situation.  But we were well beyond the "expiration"date of our previous FishEye license.

0 votes

cru-fisheye-maintenance-snapshot.png

0 votes

We have never had a FishEye license. We have been running with the license key of "Disabled" since the first installation and for every upgrade afterwards 

0 votes
Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2016

In case you had FishEye in the past, have you restarted the server after modifying the license?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events