Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible emails are being delayed

david.humeniuk@udri.udayton.edu June 28, 2012

When someone creates a review or adds something to a review, the email notification seems to take a long time to be received, like over 5-10 minutes.

On the other hand, notification emails about someone leaving a comment is received right away.

I would expect all emails to be sent right way. What is the expected behavior?

Is there somewhere this is configured (timing for emails)? Is there a way to debug this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2012

What you are describing is intentional behaviour. Crucible will batch emails together when they are of a similar nature (eg, multiple comments added) to avoid spamming the recipients.

Adding files to a review is batched a little longer than comments to give authors a chance to add multiple changes to a review, which Crucible will only send one email for.

Thanks for the info. For us, it seems like the emails for comments come out too quickly. Is there a way to extend the timeout there?

pslootweg December 13, 2012

I'd like all the batching/timeout parameters to be configurable. In our situation we'd like review creation emails to come out sooner, rather than later.

pslootweg December 13, 2012

I'd like all the batching/timeout parameters to be configurable. In our situation we'd like review creation emails to come out sooner, rather than later.

0 votes
Ron Summers September 10, 2012

I see one of the answers is that Crucible batches emails which I can understand but some of my users are saying it can take 30-60 minutes before they see the emails when a review is created. That seems a little too long.

I couldn't find any settings to control this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events