Connecting Crucible to Jira for User Management

Hello All,

I have setup a Crucible application in the Jira User Server, but I get an error when I go into Crucible to Security Setting -> Authentication and setup the details as specified here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allowing+Other+Applications+to+Connect+to+JIRA+for+User+Management

I get a "Problem communicating with Jira: Forbidden (403) Encountered a 403 - forbidden error while loading this page. JIRA home"

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

I was able to find the answer on this, thanks for the suggestions for debugging.

I've got the same problem. Please tell how you resolved it? Thank you

Hi Christopher,

This error usually occurs when the IP of Crucible server is not listed at the IP addresses list of the application allowed to connect to JIRA for User Management.

Note that in case there's any proxy/firewall between the applications, the IP address of these applications should also be listed there.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

0 votes
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Sep 18, 2013

HI Christopher,

Please double check that the Application name and Password you entered are in fact correct.

I checked both of these, neither suggestion worked. Any other possible ideas?

Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Sep 23, 2013

Hi Christopher,

I suggest enabling DEBUG logging with WIRE LEVEL logging enabled, then reproducing this problem, and then creating a support request. The support request can be raised via the Support Tools menu in the Admin section of FishEye.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

359 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you