Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure ssl for fisheye on port 444

equigroup August 28, 2017

Hello,

I'm tried to configure ssl for fisheye on port 443 but kept getting the error the address is being used for port 443 which make sense because other applications are also using the same port.

So, to resolve the issue I used another port 444, however it gives the below error:

"Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to  again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator. "

Can someone please help me configure ssl for fisheye.

Thanks,

Shilpa

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2017

What is currently running on port 443? 

equigroup August 29, 2017

Hi Lars,

Appreciate your quick response. I had teamcity running on the same port so I changed it to use another port.
Now, I'm running fisheye on port 443 but still getting the same error in IE; Chrome, Opera and firefox are giving the below error.

This site can’t provide a secure connection
uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Thanks,
Shilpa

equigroup September 3, 2017

Hi @Lars Olav Velle,

Did you get a chance to look at my response?

Thanks,

Shilpa

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2017

Hi!

The error message indicated that you are serving SSL 3.0 or some other protocol that the browser does not support.

E.g since Chrome 40, SSL 3.0 would typically throw such an error as it`s not concidered secrue anymore.

Managing SSL and tomcat is pretty hard, and I would not recommend it. 

I would strongly advice you to install a proxy server e.g like apache or nginx. 

Have a look at this guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/reverse-proxy-and-application-link-troubleshooting-guide-719095279.html

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

You can use openssl to test SSL:

Connect, but only try to connect wil ssl 3.0
openssl s_client -connect issues.kantega.no:443 -ssl3

Connecct, but only with tls 1.1 and 1.2
openssl s_client -connect issues.kantega.no:443 -tls1_2 -tls1_1

equigroup September 6, 2017

Thank you Lars, I configured the application on IIS and it is working as expected.

Regards,

Shilpa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events