cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent users in crucible / fisheye?

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

I inherited supporting Crucible for a week or so, while the current admin is on vacation, and wouldn't you know it, management asks for some usage statistics, for a meeting in two days.

Is there anyway to query or scan the logs, to see the maximum number of concurrent users we had, either at the present time, by day, or a longer period? (I'll take anything.)

Is there anyway to find out how many concurrent users we are licensed for?

We are using Crucible 3.0.1 and MySQL 5.6.17 on a CentOS 6.4 machine.

Thank you * 2.

p.s. Should this question have been tagged with fisheye or crucible?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AafrinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

Hi John,

This is not possible to do in Crucible. However, you can get a list of user activity from the database for Crucible activity. Run the following query to return all the user Crucible activity:-

SELECT * FROM `cru_logitem`

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

As soon as I find out the mysql user id and password, I'll give it a try. (next week, when the real crucible admin returns.)

Thank you.

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2014

This works to a point. It retrieves 80,000 records. I will have to figure a way to parse that into some useful statistics. I'll have to read the MySQL manual and learn the "count" function.

Thank you.

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2014

I submitted a support request and they helped me.

It turns out that we have the unlimited users license for Crucible/fisheye. That is probably why the admin interface does not display the license number.

Case closed. Thank you Aafrin and Richard.

0 votes
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Hi John,

You can see the size of the license you have installed by looking at the System Info page in Crucible administration

I can't think of a simple way to determine what percentage of your userbase uses Crucible, but you could try turning on debug logging and counting the number of hits to the dashboard in a day. (Grep for the string "end request GET / "). If you are using an external auth system you can also grep the debug logs for "recreateAuth"

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Thank you Richard. I will also give that a try next week.

I do know that we have Crucible version 3.0.1, which does *NOT* display the size of the license. We have plans to upgrade, which may help solve this problem.

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2014

Maybe I should submit a support request?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events