Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Start Revision for an existing Repository be changed?

Neal OConnell November 21, 2016

We have a SVN repo with a large number of changes.  In the interest of being able to actually start using the tool, we initially created a Fisheye repository using a Start Revision rather than the default 'dawn of time' scenario.

One side effect of this is that if a given file was last changed before "Start Revision", Crucible is unable to show a diff.

I'm curious if it is possible to edit an existing repository to move Start Revision back to an earlier revision.  Will Fisheye notice the change and back-fill its view of the repository?

Thanks,

Neal

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2016

It is possible to amend the Start Revision, but FishEye would prompt you for a full reindex of the repository.  The final outcome would be what you expect I believe, but in the interim period when repository is being reindexed you may not be able to access the data already indexed before.  This is because when changing Start Revision FishEye can't easily backfill the missing data, parts of indexing logic needs to follow changeset ancestry in the topological order and FishEye ends up discarding all previously indexed data and start indexing repository again.

If repository is large and you don't want to have reindex taking place on your instance, you may want to consider building a full index of the same repository on secondary FishEye instance.  One this is complete you can simply reconfigure repository on the production site, change the start revision to 0, then stop the repository, copy caches from secondary instance and start it again.  The procedure is explained in detail on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/How+do+I+Avoid+Long+Reindex+Times+When+I+Upgrade#HowdoIAvoidLongReindexTimesWhenIUpgrade-Howtoreindexasinglerepositoryonatestserver page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events