Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view added file

Jim Schmidt April 29, 2015

My team recently started using Crucible for CRs, and we're perplexed as to why we can't view an added file. In Crucible we see the added file in the changelist summary, but no option to examine the added file, or a download option to open it locally. So we are only able to see diffs of edits to existing files.

What are we missing?

SCM is Perforce, in case that matters.

2 answers

0 votes
Jim Schmidt April 29, 2015

This is an example. There is a folder with one added header file, and the header file isn't zero-length. The edited files in the change show a diff as expected.

We've now noticed some other changelists are showing the whole added file. So the problem is not consistent across all reviews. And in the change I attached png of, there is one added file showing a diff because the author uploaded a second revision (it shows 1...3 and the diff between 2 and 3).

Update: Figured it out - slide the red bubble. Issue resolved.

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Hi Jim, In order to further understand this, I'd like to ask: 1. When you mention you see the file in the changelist summary, could you please take a screenshot of it to show what you are seeing and what happens if you click on the file? 2. When creating a review and browsing for changesets aren't you able to see the changelist containing this file? I suppose if it shows up in Crucible in the changelist summary as you mentioned, it should be available to be added to the review. Regards, Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events