Can I push FishEye index data for an SVN repo from test to prod?

I have spent a lot of time iterating through and indexing many SVN repos in FishEye.  Several of them have taken days to index.  Now I want to make some changes to improve the SVN Symbolic Rules.  This will require a complete re-index and I want to test it on a test server.  When I get it right on a test server, can I copy the index data over to a production server to reduce the production repository's outage time?  If so, how do I do that?

Thanks,

Scott

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Yes, you can.  See the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/How+do+I+Avoid+Long+Reindex+Times+When+I+Upgrade#HowdoIAvoidLongReindexTimesWhenIUpgrade-Howtoreindexasinglerepositoryonatestserver procedure for instructions how to copy the data from your test server to production server once you find optimal settings.

Remember to configure symbolic rules on the production instance before you copy the index though, otherwise all new changesets would get indexed with different symbolic rules.

Hope that helps,

Great!  Thanks Piotr.  I figured it would be that easy, but the FAQ was reassuring.  smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,140 views 14 10
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you