Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install Crucible on a platform as a service?

Brandon Brisbon December 27, 2012

I am interested in deploying crucible using appfog using their java jumpstart.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013

I have never used Appfog, but from a quick read through their website they appear to want Java applications to be deployed as a WAR: https://docs.appfog.com/languages/java#deploy

They presumably load this into their own servlet container. As FishEye/Crucible uses an embedded servlet container I don't think you can deploy it to Appfog. You would need to ask them whether 'stand alone' as oppsed to 'war' Java applications are supported.

You certainly can use Amazon's EC2, because it simply gives you a plain virtual machine to install anything you like on, and you could not use Google AppEngine, because it demands that your application be written to a particular API.

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi there,

Crucible can be run as a Windows Service, and in these cases we use the Java Service Wrapper, so if Appfog's Java Jumpstart is compatible with that then I guess it would be possible.

All the best,
John

Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013

I don't think AppFog use Windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events