Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for Crucible Project Keys

Stefan Egli February 20, 2013

If I have a JIRA project with key FOO, what should I use for the Crucible project? At first I wanted to use the same key, but this gets in the way with smart commits. For this reason I decided to use some Postfix like FOOR. While this solves my problem with smart commits, it sure does not look nice. Does anyone have a better idea?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Stefan.

According to Atlassian's best practises for Crucible configuration the suggested method is to use "CR-" prefix. So if you have "FOO" JIRA project then the Crucible project key should be "CR-FOO".

That's what I've been using in several different organizastions and haven't run into any problems or complains.

Cheers!

Stefan Egli February 21, 2013

Thank you very much!

0 votes
pslootweg May 15, 2013

The problem with prepending 'CR-' is that you will hit this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4155

It
means that the smart commits see CR-FOO-xx and then associate the check-in with issue FOO-xx even though the check-in might be for issue FOO-yy

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

If postfix is not nice, what about prefix? Kinda the same thing but yea..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events