Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual crucible event listener example

A P July 21, 2017

Hi all. I'm trying to create Crucible plugin which sends POSTs when review state changes. I've found this tutorial, but com.atlassian.event.EventListener is marked deprecated in Eclipse and my plugin could not be enabled.

So are there any actual tutorials on creating such plugins?

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2017

Hello, yes indeed the referenced tutorial is out of date. You should use **com.atlassian.event.api.EventListener** annotation on a method level. 

Please make sure you register your bean to an **EventPublisher** instance. **Do not** to deregister it while bean is destroyed, you'll introduce memory leaks otherwise!

You can base on a JIRA tutorial. Although components being used will differ from the ones avaliable in FishEye&Crucible (like IssueEvent), the same concept of event listener is used.

Reference: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian_tutorial/jira-event-listener/src/15c9fbb4172d0d7954b176cea052d23848c6eaef/src/main/java/com/example/tutorial/plugins/IssueCreatedResolvedListener.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events