Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is fecru?

Kevin Goess October 18, 2012

Disk space on our fisheye installation was getting low last night, and I found 5gb of stuff in a user's home directory that looked old and unused so I removed it. "fecru-2.6.1". Turns out that was actually hooked up to jira and I broke our source buttons

Problem executing query
(com.cenqua.fisheye.util.LRUCache$ValueFactoryException:
com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.DbException:
org.apache.lucene.store.NoSuchDirectoryException:
directory '/home/<snip>/fecru-2.6.1/var/cache/Network/idx0' does not exist):
select revisions from dir "/" where comment matches "OPS-197" order by date asc group by changeset return csid

Now I'm unable to find any information on what "fecru" is or does nor any place to download it. The only atlassian reference google shows me is this unhelpful page:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/atlas-create-fecru-plugin

Can anybody help me with some clue?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2012

"fecru" is a shortcut to saying "Fisheye and Crucible". There's a Jira plugin that talks to it.

It sounds like you've deleted the Fisheye and Crucible index data, which will, in turn, break anything that's using it (not to mention Fisheye and Crucible). You should be able to recreate the index in your Fisheye/Crucible (or resort to a backup) but you'll need to make disk space to hold it...

1 vote
Tom Towkach October 20, 2012

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for posting your question here. Sorry to hear you're having a problem. Atlassian combined the 2 apps, FishEye and Crucible, into 1 binary awhile back and this is what we affectionately refer to that as FeCru. If you download FishEye or download Crucible, you may think you're getting 1 app and not the other; however, you're getting both actually. In FeCru there's a spot for 2 licenses and you would 1 license for FishEye and 1 license for Crucible to have both enabled. For the most part, FishEye data is stored in the cache directory on disk for speed, and the Crucible review data is stored in the database for data integrity.

As Nic said, you'll need to restore or recreate your cache. Should be painless:

1. Shutdown FishEye.
  2. Remove the contents of the FISHEYE_INST/var/cache directory.
  3. Re-start FishEye.

Depending on what VCS you are using and the nature of your source code repository(many branches, a lot of tags, just a bad layout, etc.) scan times will very.

Cheers,

Tom

Kevin Goess October 20, 2012

Yep, thanks, I'm all good now. :-)

0 votes
Tom Towkach October 20, 2012

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for posting your question here. Atlassian combined the 2 apps, FishEye and Cruicble, into 1 binary awile back and we call that fecru. If you download FishEye or download Cruicble, you may think you're getting 1 and not the other; however, you're getting both actually. In fecru there's a spot for 2 licenses and you would 1 lic. for FishEye and 1 lic. for Cruicble to have both turned on. For the most part, FishEye data is stored in those cache directory and the Cruicble review data is stored in the database.

As Nic said, you'll need to restore or recreate your cache. Should be painless:

1. Shutdown FishEye.
  2. Remove the contents of the FISHEYE_INST/var/cache directory.
  3. Re-start FishEye.

Depending on what VCS you are using and the nature of your source code(A lot of branches, a lot of tags, a bad layout, etc.) scan times will very.

Cheers,

Tom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events