Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye unable to recognize the SVN repository - Unable to make progress.

Viswanath September 28, 2015

I am having trouble setting up repository in Fisheye. I have installed SVN and Tortoise SVN client. I have installed JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible to demo the advantages in linking up source control with issue and then to perform automated code reviews - there by improving developers productivity and collaboration.

Versions 

Fisheye Version:3.9.1 Build:20150910131426 2015-09-10

SVN - TortoiseSVN-1.9.1.26747-x64-svn-1.9.1

----------------------------------------------

SVN INFO - is correct

C:\Users\>svn info file:///C:/svn_repos
Path: svn_repos
URL: file:///C:/svn_repos
Relative URL: ^/
Repository Root: file:///C:/svn_repos
Repository UUID: e9618603-82ad-3845-8e59-ad0d74b1c0dc
Revision: 3
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: Admin Admin
Last Changed Rev: 3
Last Changed Date: 2015-09-28 11:31:47 -0400 (Mon, 28 Sep 2015)

FISHEYE ERROR WHEN TRYING TO SETUP THIS REPOSITORY

Unable to get info for the repository root for java (Name I gave to the repository)
svn: E180001: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///C:/svn_repos/trunk'
svn: E125006: 'C:\svn_repos\db\format' contains invalid filesystem format option 'addressing logical'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.openRepository(FSRepository.java:796)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getLatestRevision(FSRepository.java:121)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)

Unable to get Repository Root URL for java:file:///C:/svn_repos/trunk

Exception getting FishEye access control
svn: E125006: 'C:\svn_repos\db\format' contains invalid filesystem format option 'addressing logical'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.openRepository(FSRepository.java:796)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getLatestRevision(FSRepository.java:121)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)

Error testing connection.
at 

2 answers

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2015

Hi @Viswanath,

It seems your repository is in the FSFS 7 format (see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure) introduced in SVN 1.9 version (see https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.9.html).  I'm afraid FishEye does not support SVN 1.9 yet, there is an open improvement raised: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5579

For now I would suggest you downgrade your svn binary to 1.8 version and create repository with it (svn info shows you are at revision 3, so I hope it is brand new repository with no content in it yet).  FishEye supports 1.8 version, so the integration will work smoothly.

Kind regards,
Piotr

0 votes
Viswanath September 29, 2015

Hi Piotr,

That worked. Thanks for your help.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2015

I'm glad you find this answer useful, I hope you will find the JIRA and FishEye/Crucible useful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events