Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to create a Risk Assessment in Confluence from an existing spreadsheet, What steps need

MARIE JO BREHM February 24, 2021

I have existing spreadsheets that I would like to transfer to either confluence or Jira how would I begin this effort?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Jira can import data directly from a spreadsheet.

I'd tend to use Jira to track the risks and issues, each risk being represented as a Jira issue, but use Confluence to document the details of them and how they're mitigated or why they're safe to ignore etc.

MARIE JO BREHM February 26, 2021

You track this in Confluence by using a risk template?  How do you connect Jira and confluence to each other?

Margus _SoftComply_ February 26, 2021

Confluence risk template is just a template with some tables+colors in the background - so basically just free text. 

If you really wish to analyze and have some structure in risk management, then look more to the Jira side. There you can build different risk models with different risk-management apps. Risk management in essence fits more to Jira, which has more structure compared to Confluence which is more just like free text documents.

Now you can pull data from Jira to your confluence pages by using Jira issue macro. Thus use this macro to create your necessary documentation.

Like # people like this
MARIE JO BREHM February 26, 2021

Thank you for the direction of using a risk management app for tracking.  I just need to get management to subscribe to one of these which might be a risk in itself.

Pamela Rana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

I appreciate this is an old post but I wonder did you use Jira to track issues in the end. I am working on enhancing our use of Jira to manage project risk on financial technology projects. I expect our risk management requirements differ in some ways but would appreciate any insights you have gained since you posted this. :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events