How has COVID-19 impacted your job?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 10, 2020

Hello, Finance Group members! 

I hope this message finds you healthy and safe. While I know that the pandemic has had a huge impact on our global economy, I'm curious to hear how this global pandemic has effected your day-to-day. 

I'm wondering - how has COVID-19 changed your role/projects? How are you using Atlassian tools to help manage these changes?

I'm hoping here that we can learn from each other's use cases. 

Cheers,

Bridget

2 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Hi Bridget - just now getting around to this. 

To be honest, it really hasn't affected my day-to-day much at work. We were all working from home for about 5 weeks but have been back at work since then. 

We use Jira Cloud, so I never missed a beat with my daily Atlassian tools administration. New process designs and building more complex workflows took a backseat for a little while until we could be more collaborative. But everything is running full steam like it was before.

Now for our product teams, that's a whole other story. Lots of pivoting  in approach, marketing, new digital products to market, etc. But they could count on Jira being a solid, unchanging mainstay through that continuous trip. That probably added a lot of stability for them in the midst of so many other things going on. I should ask them.  :-)

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 14, 2020

Oh wow, you're back at work @John Funk ? How has the office itself changed - I'm sure there are some new precautions to keep everyone safe?

Happy to hear Jira has been a rock for your team in a time where everything else is changing! I will let that team know - they'll be so thrilled to hear it. 

If you get a minute to chat with your product teams, I'd love to hear their perspectives! Kudos to you if you can get someone to write an Article on Community ;). 

Hope you're gearing up for a good weekend, John! Thanks as always for your thoughts,

Bridget 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

The office is great - we've been back for several months now. Yes, there are several new precautions. Masks are optional - some wear them, most do not. But there are several stations with hand sanitizer available and all interior doors (except restrooms) are propped open to avoid having to touch them. There are cleaning people that move throughout the building all day wiping down common surfaces. And there are deep cleans on selected weekends. 

So, all-in-all, we are following CDC, state, and local guidelines, remain safe,  and have few if any problems. 

I will see what I can do with one or two of the product teams.  ;-)

Like Bridget likes this
Jacques Rudman July 2, 2021

Hi Bridget

The staff of the bank has been largely working from home since March 2020. The bank needed to invest quite heavily in their infrastructure to support their 43000 odd employees. 

COVID-19 has had a huge impact for the bank and it's employees. We are experiencing a 3rd wave now and it is unlike that we will go to work anytime soon. Either way, remote working (or a variant) will likely continue going into the future. The bank is designing a new workplace that will incorporate a larger component of remote working.

We have not missed a beat regards the use of the Atlassian products and I am personally very grateful for that.

Hope you are keeping well.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events