Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to close or not to close a question

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2013

Hi,

I have a question which resulted in a significant number of responses.
One of the responses says that what I'm looking for is not possible.

So the question is not answered, but there is a response which might be considered as correct.

What should I do now

a) Mark the response as the correct answer.
b) Close the question

Francis

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

IMHO you should mark the answers as correct. It often happens that the answer to "How can I do this" is "You can't". In this case this is as good an aswer as you will get.

Note that the help page for Answers (https://answers.atlassian.com/karma/) says that you get 25 karma " if your answer is marked as the best answer". Note that they use "best" to describe what you call "correct" which might have a slightly different meaning.

In the end, I believe you should mark as correct the answers that helped you reach a verdict on how you should approach a certain problem, but after all this in entirely up to you to decide which answer was the most helpful.

0 votes
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Exactly, please mark Florins answer as the correct answer :P

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events