Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Issue/question links" for Atlassian Answers?

Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any plans on offering the ability to link different questions. It just happens once in a while, that questions are being closed and marked as "duplicate" sending you on your way trying to locate the "original" question.

In other cases you know that similar questions (sometimes already answered) are around and the only possibility to point to those questions is to add a comment or an answer. Wouldn't it be nice if you had sth. like JIRA's "issue links" displaying the different links right away? Just a thought and not a request:-)

Cheers Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Great request. It's a lovely trend that JIRA and Confluence have introduced features that we now need to bring over to Answers! I raised it as a feature request a while back:

Add Remote Issue Linking to Answers

Actually I had been thinking about it for going from Answers to Knowledge Base articles, documentation, developer tutorials (all Confluence) or bugs (JIRA), but it'd work between answers and other answers too. Then, ideally, you'd be able to Remote Issue Link from a JIRA bug/feature to the related Answers post.

By the way I'm still the only one who has voted for the issue so come on guys...

That would be very nice indeed. Let's see what the future holds:-)

Completely agree with this. In my case I always indicate the original question right after the duplicate question message, but it doesn't force you. Maybe just adding a field asking for the link to the other answer would be enough.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

The 2020 Content Awards

Happy New Year, Atlassian Community! In 2020 we all had to learn how to connect, share, and learn in an entirely different way. After a year of so much bad, we deserve to celebrate some good! The...

2,049 views 40 68
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you