Why is the editor in Atlassian Answers performing so poorly?

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Does anyone else have trouble trying to use preformatted formatting to enter Wiki markup code? The editor can really mangle and even delete one's text. And, once you mark off a region as preformatted, it cannot be edited or changed without having enough trouble that makes it easier to just re-enter all the text.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2011

Per Jeremy's reply, the answer is that this poor performance is a known issue. Action is to submit specific bug reports on the ANSWERS JIRA project: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2011

'Preformatted' has been removed. There's 'code' functionality to replace it, and also a [show preview] button that'll show you formatted text as you type.

Please keep the improvement requests coming! We're still iterating.

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2011

I noticed the new CODE item. It seems to work well in the finished result. Good work!

1 vote
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2011

Hi Kevin,

I was aware of something close to this. Here's the similar bug report:

I've added your question here to that report. More broadly, I'm wanting to create a proper code macro:

We'll definitely continue to improve the editor! If you're willing, the ideal thing to do is to open bug reports in the JIRA Answers project. The more specific the better...

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2011

Thanks for the reply, but see the comment above.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2011

Hi Kevin,

Yes I saw that it's about Answers. My response was about Atlassian Answers as well. I do still want to improve this, and we're iterating on solutions. The JIRA project referred in the links above is for tracking improvements to Answers.

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2011

Ok, now I get it. Thanks. I appreciate your interest in improvement.

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2011

My question is about the editor used in Atlassian Answers not in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events