Why doesn't the number of issues at the top of my QU match the amount of items in my QU?

April Bishop August 1, 2019

When viewing the JIRA BOARD for my project there are different Qu's for all the different departments involved in planning. 

At the top of each departments Qu there is a number that represents how many issues are in there Qu, EXAMPLE 65, yet when you scroll down the page only 60 are there. Why is the quantity at the top of the Qu differ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

What is a QU?  Do you mean Queue?  If so, is this a Jira Service Desk Queue, or something else?

April Bishop November 3, 2021

Nic, Oddly enough I don't know why it says QU because that is NOT what I typed in when I added my question. 

I am referring to the Board under our company project.  We have several Columns on our Board currently labeled "Status". Examples of this would be Buyers, Finance, Inventory Control, etc.

One User is assigned to each of these and manages all issues that populate in there perspective columns and moves them forward to the next "Status". For the Buyers column the employee that managed that no longer works for the Company so how do I assign someone else? Also how can I create a New Column. 

Since I have started using JIRA I find the program itself NOT user friendly and complicated and have actually had Company IT staff state the same thing in the past and in lamens terms tell me it takes an act of congress to make any changes in JIRA. I am now the Administrator for JIRA within our company and possess very little knowledge of the program itself and how to use it. 

There is a separate program we use called ARENA and with that software program I am easily able to schedule meetings with there Tech Support Staff to resolve issues and there are many helpful video tutorials an instructions to walk you thru everything and it is a very user friendly program . With JIRA it appears this is not the case and instead I have to ask the Atlassian Community and have yet to find useful/helpful video tutorials to help guide you using JIRA . Is there no Tech Support Staff for JIRA that you can schedule a meeting with to troubleshoot issues to come to any kind of a resolution? 

Without actually being able to meet with someone from JIRA and share screenshots or have even setup a video chat I am not actually sure how my concerns are going t effectively be addressed. 

Suggest an answer