Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Atlassian does not provide Support in other languages?

GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2011

Would it be a way to have support in other languages?

7 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2011

Using English as common language has the benefit that an issue can be understood by all Atlassian employees.
I could handle an issue in my native language, but when I would need help from others in the support team, or from the developers, they wouldn't understand a word of it.

François Nonnenmacher May 31, 2011

And not just by Atlassian employees, by clients and partners as well! I've found useful information in the past on open issues that were similar to mine. Please keep English as the common language on Atlassian venues (and let the partners do localized support to their clients).

5 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2011

Atlassian has a comprehensive network of partners around the world who can generally help users with support in other languages: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APW/Partner+Search

2 votes
BrittanyA June 1, 2011

Hi Leonid,

I'm not sure :( I'll dig around, and hopefully someone else here knows.

2 votes
BrittanyA May 31, 2011

We are starting to build support resources in other languages. Check out https://translations.atlassian.com/ for documentation.

Who knows what the future holds. This year we worked to bring our website content to users in other languages. If you go to atlassian.com, you can select your country in the upper-most right-hand corner. Not all languages are offered, but a good amount are.

2 votes
Jed Wesley-Smith May 23, 2011

Mostly because we only speak English.

Jed Wesley-Smith May 23, 2011

oi, oindeed!

CharlesA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2011

Or, in some unfortunate cases, Australian.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2011

Mate, Maaate. It's close enough to the language the Queen gave us. We've just removed a few letters here and there...

0 votes
LM May 31, 2011

Hi Britany,

Quick question - how someone could add new Language to the translation map?

I could not find Latvian lng.

0 votes
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2011

That is what partners are for. I am absolutely glad, that we can have this exclusive offering as a German partner to offer German support. #cool

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events