Where should announcements go?

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2011

Hi,

in the forums, not everything was a question. Sometimes people announce a new version of their plugin, sometimes people want to tell the community about a blog post they have written. Answers does not seem the appropriate place for this or does it? Maybe we should use specific tags for this?

regards,

Wim

PS: I came to this question because I wanted to show off my baby steps with speakeasy

4 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2011

We've posted a guide on how to market your plugin:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/MARKET/Plugin+Marketing

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

The link seems no longer valid

1 vote
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2011

For this example (announcing plugin updates, chages), I think this functionality should be built into PAC. That's where I go for plugin related information. If Atlassian could allow users to "Watch" a plugin for changes made by the developer (could be updates, documentation, compatibility revisions, etc), that would be most helpful.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2011

Agree, grabbing the 'announcement' tag for this purposes seems a sensible step. Need to get some input for my JEMH UI also https://jemhui.brightidea.com/ideas

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2011

I'd go with that, although we'd need moderators to keep an eye on the tags and remove any "announcement" tags that shouldn't be there.

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2011

I don't know if answers has an 'accept rate', but it would be really bad for your accept rate, because there would not be an answer to accept.

0 votes
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2011

I spoke with someone from Atlassian at Summit about this, and it was suggested to use the Atlassian Developer's Blog for announcements.

I'm honestly not sure what I think of either of those ideas: Dev Blog vs. and announcements tag here. Announcements tag seems closer to the old Forum approach, but doesn't really seem right for the style of this system. :/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events