What does "ANSWERS CLOSED" mean?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2017

For example on this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Groovy-Script-validator-for-user-and-a-field/qaq-p/461960

Why is "answers closed", what does it mean, and if they are closed why is the Answer button still there, yet does nothing when clicked?

Note that the Answers Closed lozenge is no longer there.

This must have been during some server side outage... nor could I post this question, it gave me the following error (after typing it all):

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 12.54.10.png

When I encounter bugs reporting bugs it makes me think the system is not ready. Likewise I can't even remove the above W without deleting the image.

I would seriously consider cutting your losses on Lithium and using the same system as CDAC.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2017

Thanks for the heads up and for sharing your experience above.  I agree, that sounds really frustrating and not ok.  I am trying to understand it better.

When I click on: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Groovy-Script-validator-for-user-and-a-field/qaq-p... now, I am not seeing that the answer is closed.  When I look at the message history in administration, there is no history of it ever being closed.  You are right - this smells like a bug with the platform.  We will escalate this.  Hopefully, it isn't reproducable or frequent.  I'd like to know, if you can remember, what time of day (timezone) this happened to you?  Maybe it does coincide with some maintenance, since your permission settings were a muck at the same time (no access error).

Please let me know more about the W you are referring to, "I can't remove the W above"? I am not seeing it now. 

Thank you for helping us out! 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2017

No, I do not remember the time, think it might have been at the weekend. Actually looking at the conversation trail of the person hassling me on linkedin to answer, it says 0550 on Apr 14th, I guess that's EST.

> Hopefully, it isn't reproducable or frequent

Well, hopefully it is reproducible, then it can be fixed.

> Please let me know more about the W you are referring to, "I can't remove the W above"? I am not seeing it now

The W was in the editor. Like I say I could not remove it. When I posted it was gone. Minor issue, but just one more little thing that makes CAC not a particularly enjoyable place to hang.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events