Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Votes Left mean in the Answers profile?

Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

Just noticed in the new Answers profile view that there's a little square that says X Votes Left. And when I vote on something in answers, the number goes down. Am I to interpret this to mean there are a finite number of votes? What happens when I run out of votes? <--curious

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

It appears the votes reset on the servers timezone. I woke up this morning expecting to see a fresh allotment of 30 votes but nope, only 9 or so left.

So watch out for that

3 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

"Am I to interpret this to mean there are a finite number of votes?"

Yes - though it is a daily allotment and resets/refillis daily. When you run out of votes for the day, nothing bad happens, you just can't vote for the rest of the day.

The other daily limit is the amount of karma you can get in one day for being upvoted (300 a day).

0 votes
Md Rehan June 5, 2022

ID REPORT NOT USING

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events