Watermark in Jira

Avinash September 17, 2020

Hi, 

I am looking to add watermark in Jira. There are two cases, one when we look into the issue there should be watermark and the other case is when we export the data from Jira. Has anyone achieved this ? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Avinash

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

I don't see what use a watermark would be in the issue view, other than making it a bit less readable.  But you could amend some css to do it if you must.

On export, it's probably more css, but it depends - what export method are you looking at?

Avinash October 14, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Thanks for the reply. Our infosec team would like to add it as protection from screenshots. Can you please help me in identifying the files on server to do so ? Initial requirement is when the issue is being viewed there should be a watermark on the background. Second requirement would be to add this in the pdf export template. If you can help me with the particular server files that I should try, that should be good enough. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

This is not as simple as it sounds.  Jira, like most dynamic websites, uses a rendering engine to serve up some raw data that the web server processes and then your browser interprets.

You'll need to identify the bits of Jira that provide the plain data, work out what css it provides to show how that should be formatted and edit that css to insert your code.  I cannot help you with that, I have never looked for it.  

I am sorry, I can't help you go down this path.  I just do not know enough.

I want to separate out the pdf side though.  I am still in the same place individually - I do not know enough.  But there are apps that do very clever things with pdfs and I think you should look at them.

0 votes
Avinash December 3, 2020

For watermark in the ticket I have used Jsincluder plugin and wrote a script. This would only enable to have watermark in view/edit/create screens of the tickets. 

Suggest an answer