Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access JIRA Service Desk. Can only access Customer Support desk portal.

Jethro Support November 5, 2019

Hello,

Two of our service desk team members are always redirected to the service desk customer portal whenever they log into their accounts despite having a "Service Desk Team" Role. At the moment, they can only access the service desk portal like customers. Has anybody encounter this issue? Your kind comments will be much appreciated.

snt2.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

Hey @Jethro Support 

You can mark anyone as Service Desk Team in the People section but they still need a JSD license assigned to them so they can access the project.

Go to "User Management" find and select their account and make sure the Jira Service Desk option is switched on.

I dont know how you host your instance but below is a reference screenshot from cloud. If you use Server, the green toggle switches will be checkboxes instead.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.22.12 AM.png

Jethro Support November 5, 2019

Thank you for your response @Cody Stevens our instance is hosted on cloud. At the moment, details  under the User Management seem to be empty. Please which other way can I locate their accounts. Also is there a way to check if their JSD license was assigned?

aa.jpg

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hey @Jethro Support 

Sorry for the late response. I am a little confused from the image you added. Its stating you don't have any users. Are you sure you are accessing the correct site/organization? The user management section would be the only place to see what groups, and licenses a user has.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events