UX Teams Using Jira - How to deal with Iteration, multiple assignees, and exploratory work to track

Alexandra Wayne Harper June 8, 2021

My name is Alexandra and I am a PM for a UX Platform Design team. I was hoping to connect and pick your brain about some issues that have come up with my team's integration into Jira!

I just introduced Jira to my team and I am trying to make it worthwhile for my creative team. I had a few questions for you that go against the normal Jira setup and I am wondering how you may have solved these issues on your teams!

1. How do you work with iterative tasks across sprints? I often have work that is either recurring or has many iterations. What are the best practices around this? I know if you are constantly moving tasks from sprint to sprint it can affect the data. Overall though, I don't want to have to create a million tasks to link together per sprint.

2. A lot of the work we do involves more than 1 assignee. Have you bumped into this on your team? I would love to hear any workaround you have or ideas!

I see that you can create a multi-picker field in Jira to accommodate for this but my organization said that can get messy over time. They told me to add 1 assignee and the rest as watchers. That could work but I would need to figure out what kind of filter to create for the swimlanes on my board. Any ideas on this one? I know it is best practice to break the work down into tasks small enough for 1 person but it is actually causing a lot of extra work.I hope to hear from you! Thank you so so much in advance!

Warmly,

Alexandra

0 answers

Suggest an answer