Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site privacy?

Mariano April 21, 2021

Hello! I've been looking my settings and couldn't really find anything relevant.

I noticed that my full profile and all of the questions I make are completely open to the internet (you can access it even through google).

Is there a way to make this content more private? Mostly because most (if not all) of us talk about work related stuff.

Also I noticed there is no way to control our privacy at all. Not even delete content.

Thanks for any input!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

Assuming you are referring to Atlassian Community the idea is indeed to have it open as possible to share knowledge through the internet.

If privacy is a concern you probably could use a synonym, also using the platform by only your name (but not your surname) is something commonly done.

In case you should have mistakenly put in any private content into Community you can alert Community staff to move it away - I hope this helps a bit.

In case you want to discuss an issue more privately Atlassian Support is available at: https://support.atlassian.com/#

Mariano May 2, 2021

Thank you for your response @Daniel Ebers !

Yes, your assumption is correct. And I totally agree about the openness of information, however IMHO, being a site where we inevitably share some aspects of our worklife and work tasks, it would be nice if we could choose our posts to be indexed by Google (kinda the same way LinkedIn does for example).

I noticed this because a friend googled my full name in order to find one of my personal websites, and he mentioned how several links pointing to my posts here all of a sudden showed up.

I would love my public Atlassian Community to be linked to my name in Google, however I think that finding every single question I ask a bit inconvenient.

Nothing really serious, just my two cents :)

Thank you so much for your support and I wish you a good week ahead!

Mariano.

0 votes
Emma Adams April 23, 2021

Unfortunately, as I know, you can't.

Mariano April 23, 2021

It’s sad! We could boost the “Productive social network” aspect of it by boosting privacy and security. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events