Right unubscribe URL for "Something's missing from the Atlassian Community... you!" marketing mail?

Tom Worster May 15, 2019

In this email, I clicked the highlighted linkSomething's missing from the Atlassian Community... you! 2019-05-15 13-34-47.png

and got this 404

Atlassian _ Marketing Email Preferences 2019-05-15 13-35-24.png

(That's no generic 404 since the page title is "Atlassian | Marketing Email Preferences")

So I took up the invitation to ask about the correct unsubscribe URL here.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hey Tom,

Sorry for the hiccup there with the unsubscribe action! We're manually unsubscribing you from the Community marketing emails now.

If you're willing to help us troubleshoot a little more, could you send the hyperlink URL (like, right-click and do "copy link address" in the email itself) from the Unsubscribe link?

Thanks!

Daniel | Atlassian Support

Tom Worster May 22, 2019

I got another marketing email today "Should you squash your commits?" with an "Unsubscribe" link that looks just like the one above. Same response

Sorry the page you were looking for does not exist.

So it seems not so much a hiccup as a systematic behavior. I think it's worth investigating.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

The unsubscribe links are user-specific (and for volume reasons we don't have exact copies of each individual email that is sent out). I'm wondering if you'd be able to:

• Copy one or both unsubscribe links here

OR

• Forward a copy of the email you got to me - deads at atlassian.com

So far we haven't found evidence that it's systematic, but definitely possible that future links you might get could have issues if we can't track the details down.

We can also get you manually unsubscribed from the list that sent the "Should you squash your commits?" message too if you're interested in that.

Thanks,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events