cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnDemand Instance For Answers Community

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Any possiblity of Atlassian providing a shared OnDemand instance for the Answers community so that all experiments and checks could be done by the community members? Probably a minimum karma count also could be kept to decide who all can access the same?

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Sounds good, I'll plug this idea with Jeremy next week, he's currently on vacation. Stay tuned :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2012

@Dennis : Did Jeremy agree to this? :)

Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2012

He thought it was an awesome idea; we'll hash out the details and keep you updated on this :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2012

Is this discussion still relevant, does the community think whether having an instance will help?

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

Good idea, Renjith :-)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

+1 I super agree with these.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

Exactly, that is what I was also looking for!

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2012

Great idea!!! The download and OnDemand versions are sufficiently different to make it quite hard to help someone with an OnDemand question when you don't have access to a similar environment. The problem is compounded by the fact that although there are top level documentation pages for OnDemand, the detailed documentation is for the download version with a vague "some of this might not apply to OnDemand" label.

I know I've shied away from attempting to help with some OnDemand questions because I can't piece enough together from the documentation and restricted functions doc to figure out if what should work with download would work for OnDemand, but if I had access to an OnDemand instance I could try something out before answering.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events