Notifications are sent for inaccessible posts (in SPAM Quarantine)

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

Today I've pulled a message out of the SPAM Quarantine: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Inserting-value-with-script-runner-in-idalko-table-grid/qaq-p/628915#U629061 (Yay for me!)

Since I know the people from iDalko (a plugin vendor mentioned in the question), I thought I'd email them the link to make sure they can answer the question.

They told me they received a notification around the time the question was originally posted but couldn't open the link. Probably because the question was in the SPAM quarantine. 

They did not receive any notification when the question was marked NOT SPAM. I think the email notifications for questions that get marked as spam automatically should only be sent when the post is marked as NOT SPAM.

Best,

Maarten

1 answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 23, 2017

Good suggestion -- we are working to improve messaging and spam management in general, for example:

• Give the user a message when their post has been sucked into the spam queue
  • Allow moderators to delete duplicate messages right from the spam queue (for those cases where users try reposting several times)
  • Allow moderators to "clear" the spam queue (hide posts that we have already reviewed)
  • Make sure users are not getting a "spam" error when the issue is HTML markup. 

I will add this to our list and open to other suggestions from the user or mod perspectives. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events