cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple community accounts

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2019

There appears to be several of me here.

I am @Peter-Dave Sheehan 

I can also login to @PD Sheehan (tied to my personal email). I just renamed this (used to also be Peter-Dave Sheehan) to avoid confusion when tagging.

But there is also @Peter-Dave Shee and @Peter-Dave Shee2  both of which show up as "Peter-Dave Sheehan" when you open up the profile page. I can't image these two are other people. If you are... Hi! Nice to meet you :) What a coincidence!

If these other 2 were created by me... I am not sure how or why and I don't know how to log in to them to cancel or delete them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The real @Peter-Dave Sheehan 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

Each account has a unique email address that was used to create it (or has been changed to it).  I'd try a password reset on the ones that are not you to see if you get anything on another address or alias

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2019

Thanks, Nic!

I wouldn't be able to try a password reset, because I wouldn't know which email address to specify. I may have, at some point or another used a +alias in gmail address for signing up. 

When I @mentioned those 2 unknown accounts, none of my known email accounts received a notification. And If they were tied to a +alias, my primary account would have still received the notification, I presume.

Therefore, I have to assume that either those account are not me or are somehow associated with invalid emails.

I'll just have to let those other 2 exist in the Atlassian community ether. Hopefully, my primary account will be sufficiently easy to identify by anyone wanting to reach me.

This was triggered by me receiving a notification when my "personal" account was @mentioned in the Community Awards post instead of the this, my real one. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

I don't think there's much more you can do!

Although you could try asking Atlassian to check where the extra two accounts have been used (in non-Community places) to see if they might mean anything to you, or to check if they have email aliases you might recognise.

Tosin Ojikutu June 13, 2022

Hi guys, What do you think of the scenario where someone has changed employers and therefore has multiple community accounts. 
Is it possible to link both accounts to one profile? 

Right now it looks like there are at least 2 of me :( 

(I will make sure to sign up using my personal email address from now on. In the meantime however...)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events