Marking Community questions as unanswered/ other status

Jesse Berkeley February 2, 2021

Hi team,

I've recently begun to use the Jira Community to raise questions and it's been a great resource for getting answers to questions, so kudos to you!

I thought I'd ask as there's no clear way around it. I've had suggestions to my queries but not necessarily an Answer to my question, thus I'm asking how do we triage such questions and is there another status needed other than "Answered". For instance I asked a question and the reply to it was that it wasn't possible but I was offered to vote for the feature. Is that defined as a true answer to my query or should it be parked for further investigation? Hope i'm making this clear :-) 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Jesse Berkeley 

I think it depends on the question.

If the reply directly answers the question, then it is the correct answer - even if it isn't what the asker might want to hear. For example, your question on a blocked status for releases is the correct answer - there isn't one, but there is a suggestion you can vote/follow.

In terms of suggested enhancements based on a question, the best place for these is https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

If the question is more opinion-based or has multiple potential answers, then it is up to the asker to decide which is the right answer to choose, if any of them :)

Ste

Jesse Berkeley February 2, 2021

Hey @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

Thanks for clarifying that, will do :)

Also when i attempt to navigate to the above url i get a 404. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Jesse Berkeley 

No problem :)

I've modified the link, it should now work!

Ste

Like Jesse Berkeley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events