I need to find an admin to give me create issues permissions to create bugs

Troy Reynolds July 24, 2021

When i click the create button, nothing happens. I am not getting the pop-up menu. A fellow member said I may not have create issue permissions and to ask the admin to give permission. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

You have not told us which application this is in, but that probably is not too important.

Atlassian applications tend not to show you the create button if you do not have permission to create something.  I doubt you need an admin to look at the permissions.

If a button doesn't respond to a click, there are a few things it may be.  You might be using an unsupported browser, or one that has had an extension added that is blocking the popup or the link behind the button.  It happens to me a lot, when I leave a tab open long enough for it to timeout - buttons and menus stop offering actions when clicked if the session has timed out.

However, if it is none of them, then yes, an admin call is next. We can't help you with that, we have less knowledge of, and access to, the system you are looking at than you do.  You'll need to ask the people you're working with in the system.  I'd probably start by asking the person who granted you access in the first place, or the person who asked you to start using the system.

Troy Reynolds July 24, 2021

Thank you. I am using Google Chrome on Window 10 on a laptop. I'll admit I have had the window open (along with others) to keep for referral so I wouldn't lose them. Could that be the issue you are referring to?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

It may be, yes.  An inactive session can appear to stop responding to clicks.

Try refreshing the page.

Suggest an answer