I can no longer edit my confluence page

Bailey.Gertsma December 29, 2021

I have been on leave with FMLA for the last 3 months. I created a page the week before I left and now that I'm back, I can't edit it. Can someone help me with this?

2 answers

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hello @Bailey.Gertsma ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community..

are you having Confluence Admin access, if yes check the below

1. Any Change in Space Permissions

2. Any restrictions implemented on the particular page and parent page of the particular page.

If you don't have Confluence admin access, you can check with your Space / Confluence admin.

Thanks

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

@Bailey.Gertsma welcome back! Let's start with making sure you are logged in. Do you see a door icon on the top left of your page, or your avatar?

If you see your avatar, you are logged in. If that's the case, some permissions may have changed since you went out on FMLA, and you should contact your admin to see why you don't have access. 

If you are the Admin, use your Admin Key to access the page and inspect permissions that may need to be fixed to give you access.

Hope your return is smoother from here on out!

Bailey.Gertsma December 29, 2021

Thank you for your help. I am logged in, I'll check over my permissions. If they are fine, I will check with my colleagues when they return from the holidays

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

It does seem like you have a permissions issue if you can access but cannot edit. If your page is part of a tree, you can go up the tree to see where you can edit to determine where changes may be affecting this page downstream. That at least will give you more to go back to your admin team with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events