Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save or "bookmark" community threads?

Deleted user November 14, 2020

I would like to bookmark or flag certain disucssions in the community that I find helpful.  I see that I can "LIKE" something, but cannot find the way to return to items that I've liked via my profile.  What am I missing? Thanks for the help.  

5 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

I have had this on my wish list for a long time now. The concept has been discussed but no development kicked off as yet. While one could us a tag for this...please don't. We already have an unmanageable ever growing list of tags. Some folks have used external means of capturing these, e.g. a Confluence page where you drop in links. A table works well for this: Link | Description | Notes.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 17, 2023

You can now bookmark content! 

In order to save a piece of content, use the meatball menu on any post or comment and select "Bookmark."

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.30.33 AM.png

To find your bookmarks, click on your avatar and then My bookmarks.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.31.26 AM.png

Your bookmarks will appear in your Settings menu, with the content you are Watching. From there, of course, you can remove any bookmarks you no longer need.

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2020

As Jack said - it's something a lot of people have said is needed.  I've had a brief exchange with one of the Atlassian developers - link below if you're interested in having a read, so maybe in the future.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-discussions/Suggestion-for-a-Starred-page-within-Community/td-p/1493898

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Interesting topic, currently I can only save and classify through the browser favorites, if there are other good ways, please let me know.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2020

Hi @[deleted],

You can Watch many things in the community.

Then, you can find a list of all the things you're watching from your settings:

• Click on your profile picture
  • Select Manage Settings

If you are doing this very actively, it is a good idea to do some housekeeping there and clear out some of the stuff you no longer want on your radar.

On top of that, I personally use my browser bookmarks as well to keep placeholders to some very specific pages that I frequently visit.

And while you're in the settings anyway - do have a look at the general settings and notifications frequencies as well. Some really useful tweaks about notifications there too!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events