Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I create past completed sprints in Jira?

I am transitioning from managing sprints in excel to using Jira and would like to visualise my completed sprints and upcoming sprints in Jira. (Rather than only display upcoming sprints in Jira.)

For example I have an epic that has been running since October 2022 with some stories completed in October and some upcoming in February and I would like to visualise this on a roadmap.

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim Community Leader Jan 09, 2023

Hi @Heather Cardew

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this is not a simple task that you can complete.  This is how I would do it:

1. First Create the Epics in Jira
  2. Then bulk import all the stories and associate them with the previous corresponding epics. Import in jira: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-import-stories-linked-to-epics-in-jira/qaq-p/373117
  3. Create the sprints you completed with the dates they ran and a clear name. (I'm not sure if you can create them in the past) and assign the stories to the sprints.
  4. Ensure that all the stories are completed.
  5. Close the sprint

Good luck.  

Thank you Fabian!

You can also look into Jira Themes/ Initiatives and using Advanced Roadmaps to create a roadmap using Jira. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events